Two-Week Vegan Meal Plan
Do you consider yourself “culinarily challenged”? Well, no worries! PETA’s chefs have created sample vegan menus featuring simple, easy recipes that anyone can follow—no cookbooks or creativity required! So, whether you’re a new vegan looking for a simple starter plan or you want to drop a few pounds before swimsuit season, our menus are perfect!
Our Two-Week Sample Vegan Menus below are designed for new vegans who are not sure what to eat and for longtime vegans who are looking to shake up their current diet and try something new. The recommendations focus on two types of dishes: easy-to-prepare meals with a balance of fresh ingredients and tasty heat-and-serve options.
Oatmeal with walnuts and raisins (most commercial oatmeal is vegan)
Fresh tossed salad
Bagel with nondairy cream cheese (try GO! Veggie brand)
Ready-made vegan chili (Yves makes a refrigerated version. If you prefer canned chili, try Hormel.)
Fresh avocado drizzled with lime juice
Roasted Veggie and ‘Chicken’ Tacos
Refried beans (look for vegetarian canned beans)
Want more options? Check out these resources from PETA:
Try these delicious vegan options or check out our shopping guide for other great suggestions.
- Fresh Fruit
- Festive Salsa or Black-Bean Dip and baked tortilla chips
- Spiced Party Nuts
- Taffy-Apple Dip with apples and pears Hummus and pita bread
- Trail Mix
- Applesauce with raisins
- Swiss Rolls
- Fruit Skewer With ‘Yogurt’ Sauce
- Fruit Smoothie (Try freezing this in popsicle containers for a tasty treat.)
- S’Mores (Make this classic treat with Nabisco Original Graham Crackers, Ricemellow Crème, and vegan chocolate—try Chocolove Dark Chocolate Bar or Newman’s Own Sweet Dark Chocolate
- Spicy Pizza Bagels