Stuffed Crust Tomato Basil Pizza With Vegan MozzarellaPrint
- 1 box Enjoy Life pizza dough (or make your own)
- 1 7-oz. block Follow Your Heart dairy-free mozzarella or garden herb cheese
- 1/3 cup vegan pizza sauce
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450˚. Stretch out the pizza dough to the desired thickness and place on a lightly oiled and floured baking pan.
- Cut 1/3 of the block of cheese into 4 or 5 strips. Place around the edges of the pizza, then roll the edges of the dough up over each strip and press down to create an enclosed pocket of “cheese.”
- Shred the remaining dairy-free cheese. Spread the vegan pizza sauce evenly over the dough, then sprinkle with the shredded vegan cheese.
- Top with the slices of tomato. Dip the basil leaves in the olive oil, then chop and sprinkle over the pizza.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the “cheese” is melted and the crust is nicely browned.
Makes 3 servings