Raw. Vegan. Lasagna. And It’s Delicious.Print
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 8 hours and drained
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped and seeds removed
- 2 Tbsp. sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. fresh parsley
- 3–4 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- Basil, for garnish
- In a food processor, blend together the cashews, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 clove garlic, the nutritional yeast, and the apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. If the mixture is too thick, add water until the desired consistency is reached. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining salt and garlic, fresh tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, walnuts, rosemary, and parsley to the food processor and blend.
- Lay zucchini slices along the bottom of a greased casserole dish. Spread some of the tomato mixture over top, followed by more zucchini slices, a layer of the cashew mixture, and another layer of zucchini slices. Repeat until you’ve used up both mixtures and all the zucchini slices.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
Makes 4 to 6 servings