Vegan Mozzarella SticksPrint
- 4 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella block
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- Italian-style panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Mix the flaxseeds and water in a shallow dish, then set aside.
- Cut the vegan mozzarella into small, even square strips. You should get 8 to 10 strips.
- Coat the strips with flour, then shake off any excess.
- Dip in the flaxseed mixture (add water if the mixture is too thick), then roll in the bread crumbs. Repeat with each strip to get a second coating of the flaxseed mixture and bread crumbs.
- Place on a dish, making sure that none of the strips are touching, and freeze uncovered for 2 hours.
- Fill a frying pan with 1 inch of vegetable oil and heat to 350°F. Carefully place a few breaded “cheese” sticks in the pan and fry until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining sticks.
- Let cool, then serve with your favorite marinara sauce.
Makes 8 to 10 “cheese” sticks
Check out the video on Instagram!