Chicken Pot Pie Empanadas (Vegan)Print
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen or canned and drained corn
- 1/2 cup frozen or canned and drained peas
- 1/2 cup frozen or canned and drained diced carrots
- 1/2 lb. vegan chicken, cut into tiny cubes
- 2 cans vegan crescent roll dough
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the flour to a large pot and stir continuously over low heat until lightly toasted.
- Add the oil and stir continuously to make a roux. Slowly whisk in the broth and nutritional yeast.
- Add the garlic, vegetables, and vegan chicken. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Separate the vegan crescent roll dough pieces. Place a spoonful of the filling on one piece of dough and place another piece of dough on top. Press the edges together with a fork to seal. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Makes 8 empanadas