Interested in helping animals? Looking for an internship in which your actions will help bring about positive change? Now is the time for animal rights. Are you ready to try something new and spark social change?
What Will I Get to Do?
Here at PETA and the PETA Foundation, we do everything bigger, louder, and better—including our internship program! We’re working to advance the animal rights revolution and end all oppression, regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, or species. Our dynamic work for animals includes protecting them from exploitation and cruelty. Each PETA internship offers unique experiences. You’ll get to work with (not for) staff members to sharpen your skills as an animal rights activist. You may help raise awareness of animal rights through public outreach, assist with direct animal care, improve yourself with professional training in seminars led by our experts, enjoy delicious vegan lunches, and so much more.
When it’s safe to hit the streets again, you may be on the road with our campaign staff or speaking up with PETA’s youth campaigns divisions, reaching thousands of young people with animal rights information. You may help us research the top vegan-friendly college campuses. Whatever their interests, our interns are right in the thick of it and empowered to make the world a better place for all animals. Talk about exposure—our interns can attend daily brainstorming sessions with PETA President Ingrid Newkirk and Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman as well as members of senior staff to discuss the news of the day and how we can make animal rights a more prominent part of the national conversation. No two of our internships are alike, and we’re dreaming up new and exciting projects every day.
Apply Today and Change the World
Pumped up and ready to make a difference? Take a quick look at our requirements to make sure that this is the best opportunity for you. We want folks who are ready to learn more about animal rights issues, are eager to experience firsthand what it’s like to be an activist, and want to see how a nonprofit works. Whether you’re new to animal rights activism or a seasoned veteran, we want to work with you!
Here are the basics:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be signed up for PETA’s Action Team.
- You must have at least one year of work or volunteer experience.
- You must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You must support PETA’s philosophy. (Become familiar with the issues by clicking here.)
- You must share a commitment to the objectives of the organization.
If you’re ready to help animals, we’re ready to help you. 🙂 Our general internship applications are accepted year-round!
To be considered, please e-mail the following to us at [email protected]:
- A cover letter
- A résumé (Tell us about the animal rights club that you started, your volunteer work with an open-admission animal shelter, or even that summer you spent abroad.)
- Three letters of recommendation (These should be from teachers, managers, etc.—accolades from your mom won’t cut it!)
- A video, a PowerPoint presentation, or something else that shows off your personality (This is your chance to wow us.)
This Sounds Great! But I’m Looking for Something a Little Different
In addition to our general office internships, we also have a legal internship: