Vegan Kimbap (aka Gimbap): Veggie, Rice, and Seaweed RollPrint
- 2 cups short grain rice, cooked
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 portobello mushroom cap, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 pkg. dried seaweed sheets (gim)
- 5 strips pickled daikon radish (danmuji)
- 1 cucumber, sliced lengthwise
- 1 block cooked tofu, cut into strips (optional)
- Mix the cooked rice with the sesame oil and salt. Set aside.
- Sauté the mushroom slices, carrots, and spinach individually. Allow each to cool.
- Place a seaweed sheet on a bamboo mat. Spread the rice mixture evenly over the seaweed, leaving a 1-inch border without rice.
- Stack the carrots, spinach, mushroom, radish, cucumber, and cooked tofu and roll it up tightly.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the roll into bite-size pieces. Repeat this process using the remaining ingredients.
Makes about 5 servings
For more vegan Korean recipe ideas, check out Vegan Korean Recipes to Make You Say, ‘Mashita!’.