The Buddhist Chef’s General Tso’s TofuPrint
- 16 oz. firm tofu, diced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce or red-pepper paste
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- In a large bowl, gently toss the tofu in cornstarch until well coated. Shake off the excess.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the tofu and cook until golden brown and crispy. Add more oil, if necessary.
- Stir in the green onions, garlic, ginger, maple syrup, soy sauce, ketchup, Sriracha sauce, and vegetable broth.
- Simmer over medium heat until the sauce thickens. If it’s too thick, add a little water until the desired consistency is reached.
Makes 2 servings
For more awesome recipes, check out TheBuddhistChef.com.