The Buddhist Chef’s Tofu ScramblePrint
- 16 oz. firm tofu
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Pepper, to taste
- Pulse the tofu in a food processor or break apart with a fork until crumbled. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms for 3 minutes.
- Add the water and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the tofu, soy milk, nutritional yeast, maple syrup, onion powder, salt, basil, turmeric, and paprika. Season with pepper, to taste.
- Cook for 3 minutes and serve.
Makes 2 servings
For more awesome recipes, check out TheBuddhistChef.com.