Celebrate a Vegan Holiday
Chances are, if you’re hosting a holiday feast this year, you’ll have at least one friend or family member who will be a little flustered by the feathered fowl at the center of the table. For either ethical or health reasons, many people are making the switch to a vegetarian or vegan diet.
These delicious recipes will please every palate giving everyone—including animals—something to be thankful for this holiday season.
Appetizers and Snacks
- Creamy Artichoke Dip Cups
- Cranberry–Cream Cheese Crostini
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Raw Holiday Walnuts
- Vegetarian Pâté en Croûte
- Potato-Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
- ‘Sausage’ Rolls
- Spiced Party Nuts
- ‘Cheesy’ French Bread Hors d’Oeuvre
Soups and Salads
- Roasted Apple and Squash Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- ‘Cream’ of Asparagus Soup
- Fragrant French Onion Soup
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Bisque
- Stuffed Vidalia Onion-Ring Salad With Fresh Greens and Tangy Yuzo Vinaigrette
- Spinach, Oranges, and Roasted Beets With Georgia-Peanut Vinaigrette
- Savory Stuffed Squash
- Sage- and Pumpkin Seed-Encrusted Seitan With Roasted Garlic-Pumpkin Sauce
- Savory Pot Pie
- ‘Chicken’ and Dumplings
- Rosemary- and Hazelnut-Encrusted Seitan
- Wheatmeat Roulade With Chestnut ‘Sausage’ Stuffing
- Vegan Autumn Harvest Casserole
- Cashew Nut Roast
- Almost ‘Beef’ Wellington
- ‘Chicken’ & Mushroom Duxelle en Croûte
- Maple-Sriracha Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Cranberry Wild Rice
- Creamy Chive Mashed Potatoes
- Best Ever Green Bean Bake
- Cranberry Relish
- Cider Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Braised Rainbow Chard
- Green Beans With Fresh Cranberries
- Herb Stuffing
- Rosemary-‘Cheese’ Biscuits
- Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- Apple Dumplings
- Chocolate ‘Bread Pudding’ With Rum Sauce
- Southern Pumpkin Pie
- Apple Bavarian Torte
- Black Forest Cake
- Carrot Cake
- Chocolate Fudge
- Orange-Cranberry Upside-Down Cake
In order to avoid ruffling any feathers this holiday season, PETA has dished up these handy tips:
- Serve any one of these tasty vegan turkeys instead of the traditional fowl.
- Check out the Vegan Survival Guide for the Holidays by Jerry James Stone and Ed Begely Jr.
- Deck yourself out in PETA’s whimsical holiday apron.
- If you want a little more help, then order our free vegan starter kit today!
Want to get more delicious recipes like these as well as ideas on ways you can help animals, improve your health, and protect the environment in the new year?
Message and data rates may apply. U.S. Only. Text STOP to cancel, text HELP for help. Full terms.