Carrot Ginger SoupPrint
- 1 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the vegan butter and fry the onions for about 5 minutes until transparent. Add the carrots, ginger, and crushed coriander seeds and stir on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until the carrots are soft, about 5 minutes
- Purée the soup in a blender and then strain through a sieve.
- Reheat the soup and season with salt and pepper, ladle into bowls, and serve hot with bread.
Makes 4 servings