2 cups creamy portobello mushroom soup
4 Tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
3/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
1 yellow squash
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup “Pumpcorn”
2 cups bulgur
1 small can of sliced black olives
1 1/2 cups hot water
2 tsp. guar gum
3 handfuls of Yukon gold and sweet potato chips
1 cup shredded vegan cheese
• Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• Heat the portobello mushroom soup on medium and add nutritional yeast flakes, salt, cayenne, and black pepper.
• While that is simmering, dice the zucchini and yellow squash and toss in a mixing bowl with the mushrooms, “Pumpcorn,” bulgur, and olives.
• Place the mixture into a 9 x 9-inch glass baking dish, layered with slices of eggplant.
• Add hot water and guar gum to the broth. Mix well and immediately pour over the mixture in the baking dish. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes (until the bulgur has absorbed the water and the casserole loses its soupiness).
• Remove from the oven and set the oven to broil on high.
• Crush the potato chips and spread evenly over the top of the casserole, then top with vegan cheese. Place the dish back in the oven and broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese alternative is bubbling and the chips start to turn dark brown around the edges. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 to 6 servings