Savory ‘Chicken’ Pot PiePrint
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 15.5-oz. can white potatoes, drained and cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or canned and drained mixed corn kernels, peas, and diced carrots
- 1/2 lb. vegan chicken, cut into tiny cubes
- 2 cans vegan crescent rolls
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the nutritional yeast and flour in a large pot and stir constantly over low heat until lightly toasted. Add the oil, stirring to make a roux. Slowly whisk in the broth, garlic salt, and pepper. Add the vegetables and vegan chicken. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Roll out the dough from one of the vegan crescent roll cans and place in a 9-inch pie dish, trimming to fit. Bake the dough in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until it starts to puff. Remove the pastry from the oven, pour the filling into it, and place the dough from the other crescent roll can on top. Continue baking for approximately 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and puffed.
Makes 6 servings