Celebrate a Vegan Holiday
Chances are, if you’re hosting a holiday feast this year, you’ll have at least one friend or family member who will be a little flustered by the feathered fowl at the center of the table. For either ethical or health reasons, many people are making the switch to a vegetarian or vegan diet.
These delicious recipes will please every palate giving everyone—including animals—something to be thankful for this holiday season.
Appetizers and Snacks
- Creamy Artichoke Dip
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Raw Holiday Walnuts
- Vegetarian Pâté en Croûte
- Potato-Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
- ‘Sausage’ Rolls
- Spiced Party Nuts
- ‘Cheesy’ French Bread Hors d’Oeuvre
Soups and Salads
- Roasted Apple and Squash Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- ‘Cream’ of Asparagus Soup
- Fragrant French Onion Soup
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Bisque
- Stuffed Vidalia Onion-Ring Salad With Fresh Greens and Tangy Yuzo Vinaigrette
- Spinach, Oranges, and Roasted Beets With Georgia-Peanut Vinaigrette
- Savory Stuffed Squash
- Sage- and Pumpkin Seed-Encrusted Seitan With Roasted Garlic-Pumpkin Sauce
- Savory Pot Pie
- ‘Chicken’ and Dumplings
- Rosemary- and Hazelnut-Encrusted Seitan
- Wheatmeat Roulade With Chestnut ‘Sausage’ Stuffing
- Vegan Autumn Harvest Casserole
- Cashew Nut Roast
- Almost ‘Beef’ Wellington
- ‘Chicken’ & Mushroom Duxelle en Croûte
- Maple-Sriracha Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Cranberry Wild Rice
- Creamy Chive Mashed Potatoes
- Best Ever Green Bean Bake
- Cranberry Relish
- Cider Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Braised Rainbow Chard
- Green Beans With Fresh Cranberries
- Herb Stuffing
- Rosemary-‘Cheese’ Biscuits
- Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- Apple Dumplings
- Chocolate ‘Bread Pudding’ With Rum Sauce
- Southern Pumpkin Pie
- Apple Bavarian Torte
- Black Forest Cake
- Carrot Cake
- Chocolate Fudge
- Orange-Cranberry Upside-Down Cake
In order to avoid ruffling any feathers this holiday season, PETA has dished up these handy tips:
- Serve any one of these tasty vegan turkeys instead of the traditional fowl.
- Check out the Vegan Survival Guide for the Holidays by Jerry James Stone and Ed Begely Jr.
- Deck yourself out in PETA’s whimsical holiday apron.
- If you want a little more help, then order our free vegan starter kit today!
Are you celebrating a compassionate Christian holiday? Please visit JesusPeopleForAnimals.com.