Eating Vegan at Fast Food Chain Restaurants

Some well-meaning vegans have chosen to ignore the fast-food and chain restaurant market because of its emphasis on animal flesh, but the bottom line is this: In order to convince meat-eaters to stop eating animals, vegetarian options must be convenient and available in the places where meat-eaters munch. There will never be vegan or vegetarian options at restaurant chains unless vegetarians and vegans support them. Some of us never thought that we’d see the day when Burger King or Bennigan’s offered veggie burgers, but now that they do, the millions of carnivores who eat there can see that choosing meatless meals is easy and tasty. This is a huge step in the right direction.

Almost every restaurant has at least one vegan dish available. By making educated choices and asking the server for assistance, dining out can be a delicious—and cruelty-free—experience! We put together this handy guide to help you navigate the chain restaurant world.

Arby’s offers a baked potato and a garden salad or side salad with Italian dressing.

Backyard Burgers, a restaurant chain in the South and the Midwest, offers a delicious garden veggie sandwich.

Remember going to Baskin-Robbins when you were knee-high to a grasshopper? Awaken the kid in you by trying the chain’s dairy-free and gelatin-free ices and sorbets, which are just as yummy and cooling as ice cream—without the pus and hormones.

A delicious vegetarian Boca burger and a fresh garden salad are your options at Bennigan’s.

Bruegger’s Bagel Bakery has several breakfast and lunch options for vegans, including its blueberry, chocolate chip, cinnamon sugar, cranberry orange, pumpernickel, and rosemary olive oil bagels, which can be topped with fresh vegetables, Dijon mustard, or vegan hummus spread. Bruegger’s also serves several vegetarian sandwiches, which can be made vegan by leaving off the cheese and dressing.

Burger King’s BK Veggie™—a flame-broiled vegetarian burger (contains dairy products)—has enjoyed continued success. Every time a customer sees “BK Veggie™,” it is a reminder that “having it your way” doesn’t have to mean taking a bite out of Bessie.

The French fries, hash-brown nuggets, breadsticks, English muffins, and CrissCuts at Carl’s Jr. are all vegan. In the restaurant, there is an all-you-can-eat salad bar that offers a variety of fresh vegetables and a three-bean salad that can be topped with fat-free Italian dressing.

The grilled portobello mushroom sandwich and Boca burger are vegan at Cheeburger Cheeburger, which can be found throughout the Midwest and the South and on the East Coast.

Cheers offers a vegan veggie burger. Load it up with all the fixings for a filling meal.

At Chili’s, you can have the tostada chips and salsa as appetizers, followed by the veggie quesadillas—replacing the cheese and sour cream with extra vegetables—or the Cadillac Fajitas without the meat.

Chipotle offers braised tofu Sofritas, which you can order in a bowl, burrito, taco, or salad. You have the option of black or pinto beans and brown or white rice. Plus, the restaurant has a great selection of vegan toppings, including mixed fajita veggies, salsas, corn, lettuce, and guacamole.

Cici’s Pizza is inexpensive and will deliver to your home. Just be sure to ask about the vegan status of each item on your pizza. Cici’s also offers a pasta-and-salad buffet with many vegan options.

The Broiled Portobello Stack at Claim Jumper is vegan if you ask for an unmarinated portobello mushroom.

The Daily Grill, located throughout California, offers a vegan grilled vegetable plate.

Dairy Queen offers a vegan “ice cream” bar called Star Kiss. Dairy Queen also has vegan slushes in cherry, grape, blue raspberry, lemon lime, watermelon, and kiwi strawberry flavors. The selection varies by location

Even Denny’s—known for its traditional breakfasts, lunches, and dinners—has some vegan options. Denny’s vegan foods include oatmeal, English muffins, bagels, grits, applesauce, fresh fruit, vegetable plates, seasoned French fries, baked potatoes with several vegetable toppings, garden salads with light Italian or oil-and-vinegar dressing, and sandwiches that can be made with several vegetable options. It also serves a vegetarian burger.

5 & Diner has several vegan options, including a vegetarian burger and the Veggie Delight.

The vegan option at Flamers Grill is the Veggie Pattie.

Hard Rock Cafe offers a vegetarian burger, a veggie sandwich, and salads.

You have several vegan options at Hard Times Café, including the Café Veggie Burger and the Veggie Chili. Be sure to tell your server that you don’t want any dairy products in your Veggie Chili.

Houston‘s offers a veggie plate and the Vegetarian Burger. Just be sure to order the burger on vegan bread.

Swing by a Petro truck stop and you’ll find the Iron Skillet restaurant, where you can refuel with the stacked salad bar and spaghetti with meat-free sauce.

The Garden Po’ Boy, the Portobello Wrapini, and the Spinach Veggie Wrap are your vegan options at Jason’s Deli. Be sure to ask about the vegan status of each of these dishes—it varies by location.

John Harvard’s offers a grilled portobello mushroom sandwich and a veggie burger. Be sure to check the vegan status of your choice when ordering.

Johnny Rockets features the Streamliner, a vegan Boca burger with grilled onions, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and mustard.

Kelsey’s, with locations in Canada, has several vegan options, including Kelsey’s Vegetable Burger, the Roasted Vegetable Wrap, and the Vegetable Fajita. The vegan status of these dishes varies by location, so be sure to check with your server when ordering.

Kona Grill now has a vegan menu! For appetizers, you’ve got edamame and seaweed salad. For sushi, there’s a cucumber roll, an avocado roll, and a vegetarian roll (with asparagus, avocado, yamagobo, cucumber, and sprouts). There are three vegan salads, including the house salad, the roasted asparagus salad, and the oriental salad, along with many vegan dressings, including onion soy, sweet soy, oil and vinegar, and balsamic, red, or white wine vinegar. Finally, both the Pan-Asian noodles and the linguini with marinara sauce are vegan, as are the sides of steamed baby bok choy, white rice, and seasonal vegetables.

The pizza sauce and dough at Little Caesars, and Papa John’s are vegan, while Pizza Hut uses vegan sauce, and its Thin ‘n Crispy and dessert crusts are vegan. By omitting the cheese and choosing your favorite vegetable toppings, you can easily make a delicious vegan pizza.

All of Manhattan Bagel’s bagels are vegan, except for the jalapeño cheddar cheese and egg varieties, and its bialys—a flattened onion-and-poppy-seed bagel—are also vegan. The Manhattan Grille and Vegetable Garden sandwiches can be made on a bagel, a roll, or a tortilla and are vegan if you omit the spreads and cheese.

The Veggie Stack sandwich is your vegan option at Mimi’s Café, which is located on the West Coast and in the Midwest.

All of Moe’s tacos, fajitas, salads, and burritos can be made vegan by substituting tofu for meat and skipping the cheese. Just be sure to ask for a vegan tortilla.

O’Naturals, a restaurant chain in New England, offers healthy, all-natural fast food for diners who want great food to go. Its menu features a large vegetarian selection, and vegan items are marked for easy identification.

A great place for breads, soups, salads, and sandwiches is Panera Bread. Each location varies its menu options, so just ask about the vegan options before ordering.

P.F. Chang’s is one of the most vegan-friendly restaurant chains around. Its vegetarian menu is terrific, and everything can be made vegan, from appetizers such as Tofu Lettuce Wraps to entrées like Orange Peel Tofu.

Located throughout Florida, Pollo Tropical offers Caribbean-inspired fast food, including several vegan options such as the Vegetarian TropiChop entrée. Other vegan items include Balsamic Tomatoes and Bananas Tropical. The chain’s black beans, French fries, white rice, yellow rice, boiled yucca, and corn are vegan too.

Pyramid Brewery offers a Boca burger that can be substituted for any nonvegan burger on its menu. The Margarita Pizza is also vegan.

A great alternative to Subway is Quiznos Subs. It offers a veggie sub that’s filled with guacamole, black olives, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, and mushrooms—just be sure to order it without the cheese and ask for the balsamic vinaigrette instead of the red wine vinaigrette. Grab a side garden salad and some potato chips, and your stomach will be appeased in no time.

If you stop at Roy Rogers, you’ll find baked potatoes, sides of veggies, and a salad bar. And its mashed potatoes are vegan if you forgo the gravy.

Ruby Tuesday has an Endless Fresh Garden Bar where you can make your own vegan salad.

Starbucks has a sesame noodles dish, made with noodles, broccoli, carrots, red pepper, snap peas, tofu, pickled cucumbers, and sesame peanuts. The dish comes with a bar of Starbucks dark chocolate for dessert.

Subway’s Veggie Delite—on Italian bread and without cheese and mayo—is delish! Want to spice things up a bit? After visiting Subway, visit the nearest grocery store, purchase some fake lunch meats, and load up your sub!

Sweet Tomatoes, located throughout the South and the West, has a variety of salads, sandwiches, and soups.

Ohio’s Swenson’s Drive-In offers the Veggie Special.

Taco Bell has many great options for vegans! The fast-food chain has a variety of sides that are vegan—including the cinnamon twists, chips and guacamole (or pico de gallo), cilantro rice, black beans, and Mexican rice—and all its salsas are vegan. You can also order the fresco bean burrito, the veggie Cantina bowl without sauce, or the regular bean burrito without cheese. Several of Taco Bell’s other dishes can be veganized simply by omitting a few ingredients. The 7-Layer Burrito can be vegan with five layers—just forgo the cheese and sour cream. The tacos, nachos, and Mexican pizzas are vegan when you ask the cashier to hold the meat, cheese, and sour cream.

Tubby’s, with locations in Michigan, has the vegan Hot Veggie Stir-Fry Sandwich.

Village Inn has a Boca burger that is vegan if ordered without mayonnaise and cheese.

Head to Wendy’s for a plain baked potato, the Deluxe Garden Salad with red Italian dressing and no cheese, or French fries. You can also ask for a veggie sandwich, which includes everything that would normally be on the burger except the meat—there’s even a button for it on the cash register.

World Wraps, with locations in Washington and California, offers its vegan customers the Tofu and Mushroom Teriyaki and the Bombay Curry Veggie.

Commenting is closed.
  • Yvonnatron says:

@joeysacuy

Mother’s Market is a grocery store in Laguna Hills, Huntington, Brea, and Anaheim Hills that offers a lot of vegan options, and most of them have sit down restaurants in them, and if not, you can order stuff to go. Whole Foods is everywhere too, but the best one is in Tustin.

In Costa Mesa, there’s a place that’s raw vegan, called 118 Degrees and it’s really good. One of my most favorite places is Native Foods, and there’s one in Aliso Viejo and in Tustin (in the same shopping center as Whole Foods).

I hope this helps you out.

• antoinette says:

the last time i was at subway they had a veggie burger there

• Christina says:

PETA, PLEASE MAINTAIN THIS SITE!! Note that the Natural Burger at Rainforest Cafe is NOT vegan, it contains EGG. The only vegan option there are the french fries and salads (without the meat…and they’ll still charge you $13.99 for a salad even if it IS sans meat).

Also: If you personally contact PF Chang’s, they will tell you that the only truly vegan (read: you can ALWAYS safely order this item) is the STEAMED Buddha’s feast. Anything else is subject to dairy interaction.

I’m also wondering if the bread has been checked at Quizno’s and all the bagel places listed: Date-M and L-cysteine run rampant in the breads at these kinds of chains! Thank you for noting that the only bread that can be ordered at Subway is the Italian.

• KieraMarie says:

When ordering a veggie wrap, sandwich, or quesadilla at a restaurant how are you supposed to know if the bread is Vegan? I know I’ve been a server for quite a few years and was never trained on whether or not breads were Vegan or not at the restaurants I worked at…

• VeganPaul says:

I was just at Coco’s and they have changed to the garden burger. I am fairly sure it is the garden burger that is NOT vegan.

Denny’s is serving the Amy’s 1/4 lb VEGAN burger. It is probably the best option for a burger.
    You guys should assign someone to maintain this page

• Kristin says:

The Mediterranean Veggie sandwich at Panera is vegan (and delicious) if you order it without the feta cheese.

• joeysacuy says:

I need help with finding vegan restaurants, markets etc. in Orange County, California. Thanks

• indie says:

@MammaAllie – the Chili’s black been patty does have dairy in it! It’s listed on their website as having dairy on their “vegetarian menu”

• AmyJustAmy says:

I agree with Lana. I would definitely use the Android app version of this information on the go! Please?

• michellejesica says:

carl’s jr fries and such are not vegan

• Lana says:

Peta should make an android and iphone app with this information…it would be nice to have easily accessible while out and about.

• MommaAllie says:

I just wanted to add that at Chili’s you can have any burger replaced with a yummy black bean burger. They are amazing and same price!! I do that every time and always have some to take home because it is so big! yumyumyum!

• Curtis says:

@Bob Frapples – actually, the BK Veggie burger at Burger King is NOT cooked on the grill with meat. It is always cooked in the microwave. That is the corporate policy, and it has been for years. While the party isn’t vegan, it IS 100% vegetarian and remains a good option for vegetarians and meat eaters alike.

• m2677 says:

I used to work at a high-volume Subway and a Moe’s. I just watned to say something about their policies: Moe’s has a separate prep items, grill and utensils for their vegetarian items.

Also, Subways are supposed to use a clean knife on every sandwich–that’s why there are so many on the line. Its no inconvenience to ask them to do their job correctly. I never had a problem facilitating special requests. Also their veggie patty is great.

• Bob Frapples says:

Remember, if they cook your Veggie Burger or item on the same Grill as the Meat, then your Veggie Burger is a “Meat” burger. Don’t patronize these filthy house of Cruelty..watch Fast Food Nation until you get it..No need to eat that Crap..Lot’s of food at Trader Joes that you can eat.
    Leave the House with your Lunch so you don’t have to patronize these Criminal Enterprises that profit off poisoning the general public..Whole Grain Bread, Vegan Mayo, Tomato and Bacon Bits with Sprouts and Raw Sunflower Seeds..delicious..
    Enlightening if Frightening for most..Make the move..

• meat/free says:

Regarding the Subway “meat knife,” I often find it easier to say that I’m kosher and could they use a clean knife, rather than explain I’m vegan and don’t want meat chunks in my veggie sandwich.

• Paul says:

Some Subways also have a Veggie Max which features a soy patty along with the veggies you choose.

• xvx says:

The “Yard House” has a huuuuuge veagn/vegetarian menu

• Cari says:

Watch it at Subway! When I get the veggie delight with no cheese, I also ask for my five dollar foot long to NOT be cut in half. They cut it with the same dirty knife that they have been using all day. After finding mayo and meat residue on the cut ends of my sandwich, I decided that asking them to not cut it is easier and quicker than asking them to clean their knife. I think it’s best to compromise on having a longer sandwich then piss off the subway worker that doesn’t understand your philosophy on eating meat or things contaminated with meat. I sometimes tell them it is because I do not want the “meat knife” touching my food. :)

• Cari says:

I would highly recommend asking about ingredients before you order anywhere you go until you know for sure. For example, often “marinara sauce” has cheese in it. Usually regular pasta is vegan, but I recently found that a lot of restaurant pasta contains egg. I know this might sound like it is more of a pain to go vegan, but in my opinion, it is better to know the truth about the ingredients than to be able to eat it.

When it comes to sit down restaurants, I usually speak to the host before I am seated to find out what my vegan options are instead of waiting until I am seated and then it is so much easier than having the server have to find everything out. It saves everyone time. especially if the employees are not familiar with the ingredients. Then I can ask a manager before I get to the table and that makes for a much more relaxing dinner for me and a better night for my server.

This was not such a big deal when I lived in Los Angeles, but I now live in a small town in the midwest and it’s always a big production at the table when I have to ask the server a million questions.

• astral_sakura23 says:

I wish I had all those options here in Mexico….even my family laughs at me when I tell them I’m going vegan…imagine going to a fast-food chain…T_T

• Marybeth says:

This past Saturday I went to the burger chain Five Guys with my friends and got a veggie sandwich and cajun fries. All of the friends I went with were pleasantly surprised that my meal was basically exactly the same as theirs minus the meat.

Also, the guy who always makes my veggie delight sandwiches at Subway always makes sure to change his gloves for me before making my sandwich. I always thank him and the meat-eating customers in line always get a little educated about being vegetarian as a result.

• Vivienjuly12 says:

I tried to order a “vegan” sandwich at McDonald’s, basically, a bun with tomato and lettuce. I was practically laughed out of the restaurant. After that, I was given the “eye-roll” and decided, I can’t stand McDonald’s. Until they drastically change their view regarding vegetarian options, I’m not going there.

• Chopper says:

The veggie burger at BK is not vegetarian. I worked at BK and we cooked them in the same broiler we cook other burgers. All that animal grease is dripping into the veggie burger when it cooks.

• NicoleS says:

I work at a McDonald’s in Tennessee and if you ask for our new Oatmeal made with non-dairy creamer or without the cream instead of the dair creamer, it’s vegan . . .and actually pretty good.

• katie says:

Does the bread at subway have egg, milk, or butter? I am a chef and realize that not all breads contain dairy products but I thought subways might. Just wondering=)

• Vegangirlie says:

Ruby Tuesday’s veggie burgers are no longer vegan. I just called and they told me that the recipe includes eggs. Very disappointed!

• Curious says:

To the person who’s friend works at Carl’s Junior, are the hash browns or criss cuts, or breadsticks vegan? You should email Peta!

• Ally says:

i was wondering if the vegetarian burger @ in n out would be vegan friendly? its on the secret menu, and its basically just lettuce, tomato, onion, and secret sauce on the bun :)

• Aman Mehra says:

Suggestion: If you wanna have true vegetarian/ vegan food… Go to an “Indian” restaurant (many offer vege mexican/ chinese/ italian options too)… Indians (Hindus) are supposed to be strict vegetarian by religion… “Many” dishes are vegan too… As its a matter of religion, restaurants owned by Indians (Hindus) maintain separate cooking facilities for veg and non-veg food… Will never cook veg and non-veg food even in same utensil/ oil, etc… Also all the restaurants in India (if they serve both veg and non-veg food) are required to maintain separate vessels/ rooms for cooking them :)… Am not here for promoting any Indian restaurants… :)

• Tony says:

I found this info about Subway’s Veggie Patty posted on several websites. The info originated from The Vegetarian Resource Group’s “Guide to Fast Food” (2004):

SUBWAY

“Subway restaurants have the choice of offering a few other menu items besides those on the national menu. Among them is a meatless burger. The most popular brands are Wholesome & Hearty’s Gardenburger® and Morning-star Farms’ Veggie-Max®. Both of these items contain egg whites and dairy products (cheese or caseinate). Vegan Boca Burgers or White Wave soy turkey subs may be offered at certain Subway restaurants in some areas. The “turkey” in the soy turkey sub is vegan but the soy cheese used on it contains casein. If you are interested in seeing a veggie burger in your area contact your local Subway restaurant.”

• Elly says:

Fanta contains gelatine?! I just looked it up on the internet and it makes no mention of this, in the US or the UK. Are you sure about that?!

• long term Vegetarian from VA says:

I became a vegetarian when it was odd, back around 1971. Few existed and it was a hard lifestyle when in social settings, even eating with my boyfriend or other friends. I have never regretted my commitment to not nourish myself via the cruelty and death of a living creature. I am healthy and proud to stay free of seociety’s push and pull to eat living creatures. I am so saddened by the dairy industry and the cruelty they administer to cows, who only live about 5 years under grueling circumstances. I am commited to helping other people see the benefits of being a total vegetarian. My father thought I would suffer and die at the age of 19 if I stayed “animal free” of my daily nourishment. Well, I am a slender, healthy 58 year old woman now and on no medication for any medical problems. God bless the vegetarians saving lives of God’s wonderful and blessed creatures on this planet. I love all of you and thank you!

• long term Vegetarian from VA says:

• Marie says:

I often order the side salad from McDonalds, which has no cheese on it. Or I get the big salad with no cheese or meat. The sucky part about that is that you still pay full price for it, but the side salad is only $1 and has a variety of mixed greens.

• Laura says:

According to the Harvey’s website, unless you order the veggie burger with no bun, it will contain ‘egg’s and egg sources’

• Hunter Thompson says:

Thanks for the great post! It’s great to see so many places offering vegan and vegetarian options now. I guess I can give my kitchen utensils (and my stove) a break for a bit!

• Cynthia says:

I don’t understand why I should pay over $6 for a Subway sandwich filled with nothing but vegetables. Most of the options, unless it’s a veggie burger or something else with protein, leave me hungry. And buying veggie lunch meats to fill up my sandwich is ridiculous. Why not buy the bread and veggies myself, for under $3? I will not eat at Subway until they at least offer avocado for the vegan sandwiches. I don’t believe in supporting something that leaves me hungry, and makes people think “oh gee I could never be vegan. I can’t fill up on a salad alone.”

• Jayla says:

Vegan Options in Cincinnati OH are:

Chipotle, you can get everything besides the dairy stuff of course, and avoid the pinto beans.

Panera Bread, you can get the Greek Salad w/ peppers, olives, tomatoes, ect… Without the feta cheese. You can also get the mediterranian veggies sandwich without feta (although I’m not sure how their bread is made) And their chips are also vegan.

Potbelly’s has the chick pea veggie salad, and you could get some chips I believe they are vegan by reading the ingredients.

(Cincinnati needs more veg friendly resturaunts)

• Cristine says:

just two months ago I was told by a waitress at PF Chang’s that the only vegan dish on the entire menu is the Buddha’s Feast with steamed vegetables. I had heard that this was because the vegetarian oyster sauce contained sugar which may have been processed with bone char, but this waitress specifically checked with the manager and the chef and said that there is egg in their oyster sauce and they use the oyster sauce for everything that is stir fried, including their vegetables and tofu. Any clarification you could offer on this would be appreciated!

• veggiegrrrl says:

just the idea of eating “vegan food” from meat contaminated shared grills, shared pots/pans, shared utensils makes me wanna barf. unless the items are cooked in a vegan friendly space, it’s tainted.

• Lindsay says:

When dining at PF Changs, there are a lot of vegan items you can have. I used to work there. Be sure to ask them about the sauces because if you order a meat dish with tofu instead (such as orange peel tofu) many of the sauces contain oyster sauce or chicken broth. This goes for noodle dishes too. Also, the tofu is often fried in the same oil as the meat.

• Gaurang Pandya says:

I have been waiting for this type of guidance because I have had recently started to stay hungry and avoid all those difficult-to-understand questions to the store associate. Does it have gelatin, eggs, lard, whey……? It is good that awareness about vegetarianism and veganism is being spread by increasing number of people.

• Flora says:

The last time I went to Taco Bell I ordered a bean burrito without cheese- that was about 11 years ago. The very first bite had a long string of melted cheese. The minimum wage teenagers in the kitchen used the same dang spatula that was already laden with melted cheese to make my “no cheese” burrito. Needless to say I was very upset and learned my lesson not to trust fast food ever again.

• Jayla says:

Are all Chipotle Mexican grills the same? I mean, do they all cook their food the same way? Because I was wondering if the black beans at my chipotle in Cincinnati were vegan?

• Heather says:

California Tortilla offers a vegan friendly No-Meato Burrito. Its fantastic!

• VEGANARCHIST says:

Teh fries at Carl’s Jr. are not vegan friendly, nor the onion rings. They are all fried alongside the meat. My friend works at a Carl’s Jr. and told me because I am vegan.

• Domirae says:

I am an employee @ Panera Bread in NJ and i often take advantage of the veggie options. On the surface it can seem that we have minimal veggie options but you can order any salad w/out meat (unfortunately the price won’t change)
    -GREEK, CAESAR, & CLASSIC SALADS all under $6 and no meat.
    -all the soups are labeled as either Low fat or Vegetarian
    -they do offer a Mediterranean Veggie sandwich w/ Pepperoncini peppers, cilantro hummus,cucumbers, lettuce, red onions on Tomato Basil Bread (heres a tip: try it w/ Balsamic VIn. dressing)
    -Tomato Mozzarella panini is vegetarian but not vegan of course
    We do have a Nutritional Binder that we HAVE TO reference that has all the info you need whether you’re vegetarian, vegan, or have gluten allergies. Those are my inside tips; happy dining.

• Thomasa Moore says:

Now if I only could find more vegan options in the states of Vermont and Pennsylvania then I’d be a happy traveler.

• Deis says:

As a vegan working in McDonalds, I sometimes find myself having to take advantage of the free lunch offered each shift.

(In Britain) the fries are vegan. All of the soft drinks are, except the fanta, which contains gelatin (smarties are also not vegetarian or vegan, and nor is the sour cream and chive dip). A hamburger with no meat is vegan (although some ingredients are made in a factory containing milk, and it can’t be guaranteed that it contains no dairy products at all). An M burger with no meat, cheese, or sauces is also vegan (it’s a lettuce and tomato sandwich). Generally speaking, the buns alone are vegan, so you may be able to build an option, depending on how helpful the staff are.

A veggie burger, at McDonalds, is not vegetarian unless you specifically request that it is cooked in the fry vat. Otherwise, they can’t guarantee that it won’t come into contact with the oil from the chicken or fish (same applies to the apple pies, but I suspect they contain egg too – I’d have to check). A veggie burger cooked in the fry vat with no sauce is vegan. A veggie deli without the mayonnaise is also vegan (remember the fry vat).

A garden side salad with balsamic dressing is vegan, but none of the other salad options are.

On the breakfast menu, bagels, hash browns, oatmeal, jam, and golden syrup are vegan.