After successful tests in California, Colorado, and Indiana, Chipotle is now offering its spicy vegan chorizo at locations nationwide! Plus, you can get free delivery on any plant-based chorizo orders placed through the Chipotle app or Chipotle.com from now through January 9.
This is a huge win for pigs—friendly, clever individuals who love to spend their days relaxing in the sun. The chorizo is made from pea protein and flavored with ancho chilies, chipotle peppers, tomato paste, crushed garlic, Spanish smoked paprika, and olive oil. It’s the chain’s second vegan protein since the launch of the extremely popular Sofritas in 2014, made with shredded organic tofu that’s braised with chipotle peppers, roasted poblanos, and spices.
How do you order vegan at Chipotle?
- Decide what you want: a burrito, a taco (soft or crispy), a salad, or a bowl.
2. Ask for Plant-Based Chorizo (if it’s available at your location) or Sofritas, or go for the veggie option.
3. Add beans (pinto or black) and rice (white, brown, or cilantro-lime cauliflower rice).
4. Add some fajita vegetables (green peppers and red onions with salt, oregano, and rice bran oil).
5. Top it with one or all of the salsa options: Fresh Tomato, Roasted Chili-Corn, Tomatillo-Green Chili, or Tomatillo-Red Chili.
6. Finish it off by adding guacamole and a side of salty lime chips—then enjoy!
As you can see, ordering vegan at Chipotle is super-easy and fully customizable! But if you can’t decide what to order and you’re craving a healthier option, just ask for a vegan Lifestyle Bowl. It comes with cilantro-lime brown rice, black beans, fresh tomato salsa, corn salsa, shredded romaine lettuce, and your choice of plant-based chorizo or Sofritas.
Going vegan is easy with so many great options available at chain restaurants nationwide. Here’s how to make the transition: