According to a recent Cosmopolitan article, single millennials prefer pizza for a late-night post-hookup snack. Tacos landed the coveted runner-up spot.
There’s certainly no denying that pizza and tacos make delicious post-activity meals, regardless of the activity or time of day. But did you know that if you’re reaching for dairy- or meat-based versions of these dishes, you may be hindering your sexual performance? It’s true. Artery-clogging meat and dairy cheese can seriously affect what happens—or doesn’t happen—in the bedroom.
There’s nothing sexy about animal suffering and clogged arteries. The cholesterol in meat, eggs, and dairy “products” causes hardening of the arteries and slows the flow of blood to all the body’s organs, not just the heart.
But don’t fret—we have you covered. Whether you’re craving takeout or delivery—or even if you’re up for flaunting your kitchen skills in addition to your bedroom talents—these vegan pizza and taco options will fill you up while still leaving you and your partner ready for round two … and maybe three or four.
For Those Reaching for Post-Hookup Pizza
If you’re feeling a bit lazy or don’t want to waste much time in the kitchen, consider delivery. Check out the list below to learn how to make your delivery order vegan:
- The sauce and original hand-tossed dough are vegan, so go ahead and order your veggie pizza as usual—but without cheese.
- Do your thing with the wide variety of veggie toppings.
- Bonus: Order extras of the garlic dipping sauce (totally vegan) or get BBQ sauce on your pizza.
- Order the thin crust (the others aren’t vegan) and regular sauce.
- Order all the veggie toppings that your heart desires.
- Bonus: Kick up the yum factor and get some dipping cups on the side—the garlic, BBQ, hot buffalo, and Marinara dipping sauces are all vegan.
- Order the regular crust and regular sauce—both are vegan.
- Go to town with the veggie toppings.
- Bonus: You can special-order the Crazy Bread without Parmesan cheese, along with some Crazy Sauce on the side.
- Order Premium Crushed Tomato sauce and either the Thin ‘N Crispy, Hand Tossed, or Salted Pretzel crust.
- Go crazy with the veggie toppings.
- Bonus: The cinnamon sticks and icing dipping cup are totally vegan.
Too late for delivery? Stock your freezer with Daiya Margherita Pizzas—they’ll be ready in minutes (we just can’t guarantee that you’ll be).
Discover even more frozen pizza options.
If you really want to impress your partner, consider whipping up a delicious vegan pizza in your kitchen between sessions. You can’t go wrong with this quick and easy recipe:
For Those Opting for Post-Sex Tacos
If you’re part of the smaller but still significant group of millennials reaching for tacos—and no, we don’t mean your partner’s—consider a vegan version. If you’re up for sharing, try this delicious, plant-based recipe for you and your partner—just don’t forget the hot sauce:
Take a look at even more vegan taco recipes.
If you want to avoid heating up the kitchen—since, with any luck, things are heating up enough in the bedroom—and you’re up for a late-night taco run, consider one of the following vegan options:
- With a quick request of “no cheese, no sour cream, no meat, and add beans,” you can make almost any order vegan. Learn how to veganize Crunchwraps, bean burritos, Cinnamon Twists, 7 Layer Burritos, and other menu items by checking out our guide to ordering vegan at Taco Bell.
- This chain offers Sofritas—organic tofu braised with peppers and spices—which you can order in your taco, burrito, or bowl. Check out all the ways to eat vegan at Chipotle.
- If you opt for The Del Taco (soft or crunchy), order it with beans instead of meat and ask for it without cheese. Or order the Value Taco, substitute beans for beef, say “no cheese,” and top it with pico de gallo, green salsa, or any of Del’s hot sauces. And don’t forget to add avocado for around 30 cents a slice.
The rice at Del Taco is now vegan and some stores even carry vegan Beyond Meat crumbles.
If you’re feeling extra-lazy (no judgment), consider stocking your freezer with StarLite Cuisine Rolled Tacos or Carla Lee’s NutTacos. They’ll be ready in minutes and will give you the sustenance you need without weighing you down.
Veganize Your ENTIRE Sex Life
Take your compassion to a whole other level—consider using vegan, cruelty-free sex supplies between the sheets. Sir Richard’s Condoms fit the bill—and for every condom purchased, this company donates one to people in a developing country.
If you’re in search of a cruelty-free, vegan lubricant, consider trying Good Clean Love. Click the button below to discover even more ways to veganize your sex life: