With locations across Michigan, Ohio, and other Midwestern states, Meijer is one of the nation’s largest grocers. The chain of superstores sells sporting goods, clothing, electronics, and—of course—lots of groceries. If you, like millions of other Americans, are looking for vegan groceries, you’ll have no trouble at all finding products that are free of meat, eggs, and dairy and all other animal-derived ingredients at Meijer. We’ve prepared this handy guide to take the guesswork out of shopping for vegan snacks, products, drinks, and meals at the chain.
Ready to shop vegan at Meijer? Just look for these great products:
Häagen-Dazs Nondairy Frozen Desserts
- Black Bean Tamale Verde
- Gluten Free Non-Dairy Organic Beans & Rice Burrito
- Harvest Casserole Bowl
- Light & Lean Spaghetti Italiano with Meatless Meatballs
- Light & Lean Sweet & Sour Asian Noodle
- Paella Bowl
- Thai Green Curry
Amy’s Kitchen makes a huge variety of vegan soups. Check if your local Meijer carries any of the following vegan flavors:
- Chunky Vegetable
- Fat Free Alphabet
- Fire Roasted Southwestern Vegetable
- Golden Lentil Indian Dal
- Hearty French Country Vegetable
- Hearty Minestrone with Vegetables
- Hearty Spanish Rice & Red Bean
- Indian Dal Curried Lentil
- Lentil Vegetable
- Light in Sodium Lentil Vegetable
- Low Fat Black Bean Vegetable
- Low Fat Minestrone
- Low Fat Split Pea
- Tom Kha Phak Thai Coconut
- Tuscan Bean & Rice
You can also look for these great Amy’s products:
- Medium Organic Chili with Vegetables
- Medium Salsa
- Mild Salsa
- Vegetarian Organic Refried Black Beans
Annie Chun’s Noodle and Soup Bowls
These quick meals from Annie Chun’s offer a delicious take on Asian fare.
Annie’s Homegrown Baked Goods
These place-and-bake items from Annie’s Homegrown Foods make vegan baking a snap:
Annie’s Homegrown Organic Fruit Snacks
Annie’s also makes a gluten-free boxed vegan mac and cheese.
Have you tried all the vegan Ben & Jerry’s flavors yet? Look for these varieties at your Meijer store:
- Caramel Almond Brittle
- Cherry Garcia
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie
- Coconut Seven Layer Bar
- P.B. & Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Cluster
- Peanut Butter Half Baked
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Look for it in the freezer aisle!
Beyond Meat Beyond Beef Crumbles
Breyers Non-Dairy Ice Cream
Clif Bars (Assorted Varieties)
Most Clif Bars are vegan, but be sure to check the ingredients—some protein bar flavors contain whey (a dairy derivative).
- Cheddar Style Shreds
- Cheddar Style Slices
- Mozzarella Style Shreds
- Plain Cream Cheese Style Spread
- Provolone Style Slices
Daiya Cheezy Mac
Daiya Dairy-Free Dressings
Field Roast Sausages
Vegan brand Field Roast makes tasty sausages that are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Look for these varieties at your local Meijer:
These vegan cheese slices from Follow Your Heart are great on cold sandwiches or melted in a grilled cheese.
- Classic Meatless Meatballs
- Crispy Chick’n Sliders
- Golden Fishless Filets
- Home Style Beefless Tips
- Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n
- Meatless Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
- Mini Crispy Crabless Cakes
- Seven Grain Crispy Tenders
- Sweet and Sour Porkless Bites
- Teriyaki Chick’n Strips
- Ultimate Beefless Burger
- Ultimate Beefless Ground
Garden of Life SPORT Organic Plant-Based Protein (Vanilla or Chocolate)
This delicious vegan ice cream from Halo Top Creamery has only 280 calories per pint!
These vegan snack bars are made with just a few simple, tasty ingredients.
Lightlife Vegan Meats and Sausages
Lightlife’s vegan cold cuts are perfect for sandwiches—and don’t miss the other great staples that the company offers, including veggie dogs, ground crumbles, and protein-packed tempeh.
- Gimme Lean Meatless Veggie Sausage
- Meatless Italian Smart Sausages
- Organic Original Tempeh
- Smart Deli Meatless Veggie Ham Slices
- Smart Deli Meatless Veggie Turkey Slices
- Smart Dogs (Regular and Jumbo)
- Smart Ground Meatless Original Crumbles
If you’re looking for tofu at Meijer, Nasoya has you covered. In addition to firm tofu, the brand also offers Organic Silken Tofu, Marinated Baked Teriyaki Tofu, Organic Cubed Super Firm Tofu, and Organic Extra Firm Tofu.
These low-cost noodles are a nice choice for shoppers on a tight budget. Only the Soy Sauce flavor is vegan, however.
Pacific Foods Soups
Pacific Foods makes a variety of soups and broths. The following ones are all vegan:
- All Natural Thai Sweet Potato Soup
- Curried Red Lentil Soup
- Organic Cashew Carrot Ginger Soup
- Organic Spicy Black Bean & Kale Soup
- Organic Vegetable Broth (also available in a Low Sodium version)
- Organic Vegetable Lentil & Roasted Red Pepper Soup (also available in a Reduced Sodium version)
- Organic Vegetable Quinoa Soup
Pure Protein Super Food Complete Plant-Based Protein Powder (Dark Cocoa or Vanilla Bean)
This traditional garlic, ginger, and cabbage dish comes with an added kick of spicy heat. For less heat, grab the mild version instead!
Sweet Earth Frozen Entrées
Sweet Earth makes a variety of frozen burritos and individual meals. Just make sure that the product you’ve grabbed is labeled “Vegan.” Here are a few options carried at Meijer stores:
- Curry Tiger Bowl
- General Tso’s Tofu
- Hickory & Sage Benevolent Bacon
- Korean Japchae
- Pad Thai
- Teriyaki Veggie Burger
- Beer Brats
- Hickory Smoked Deli Slices
- Italian Original Sausage
True Goodness Organic Plant-Based Milks
Van’s Crackers, Cereal, and Snack Bars
- Blueberry PB&J Gluten Free Sandwich Bars
- Cinnamon Heaven Gluten Free Cereal
- Cranberry Almond Gluten Free Snack Bars
- Strawberry PB&J Gluten Free Sandwich Bars
Van’s Frozen Waffles
Vega Protein Cashewmilk Yogurt
In addition to the brands and products listed above, Meijer also has a sweeping produce section with tons of healthy building blocks for your meals, including fruits, vegetables, fresh juices and drinks, prepackaged salads, dressings, nuts, and herbs. In some cases, these products may not be vegan, so check the ingredient lists before buying. If you’re unsure about a particular ingredient, we have a list of animal-derived ingredients that you can reference.
As more and more people go vegan, chains like Meijer are evolving to meet the demand. The availability of the products listed above may vary from location to location, but note that—like all grocery stores—Meijer also carries plenty of “accidentally vegan” products, so this guide is by no means exhaustive. Always look at the ingredients, because a product may be vegan even if the packaging doesn’t explicitly state that.
Don’t live near a Meijer? Fear not! We also have a general guide to vegan grocery shopping to help you find products in other popular chains across the U.S.:
We can help you go vegan!
Going vegan is a great way to help animals, the environment, and yourself, all at once. You’ll reduce animals’ suffering, eat in a sustainable way, and improve your personal health.
This shopping guide is just one of the many free tools in PETA’s Living section that can help you enjoy a healthier, more compassionate life. You can go vegan, and we can help. What are you waiting for?