Who doesn’t love surprises? I get so excited when I discover that some of my favorite candies and snacks are vegan. What makes something “accidentally vegan”?* These are foods that were not created with the purpose of feeding vegans but rather were a happy accident showing that delicious treats of all kinds can be made without using dairy products, honey, or other animal-derived ingredients.
Here are the top 20 foods that made me jump for joy when I discovered that they were vegan:
1. Cinnamon Life
2. Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
3. SkinnyPop White Cheddar Flavored Popped Popcorn
5. Cracker Jack
6. Doritos Spicy Sweet Chili–Flavored Tortilla Chips
8. Fruit by the Foot
9. Kettle Brand Potato Chips (sea salt and vinegar)
10. Lay’s Potato Chips (barbecue and classic)
11. Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars (peanut butter)
12. Ritz Crackers
13. Ruffles Original Potato Chips
14. Wheat Thins
15. Hershey’s Syrup
16. Ore Ida Tater Tots
17. Pringles (original only)
18. Nabisco Oreo 100 Cal Thin Crisps
19. Jell-O Cook & Serve Vanilla Pudding & Pie Filling
Be right back—I’m going to 7-Eleven for Airheads and Fritos.
*PETA promotes a healthy, animal-free lifestyle. If you choose to eat “junk food,” we suggest picking from options that do not contain animal products.
Our free vegan starter kit has tips and information about going vegan. For animals, the environment, and your health, order one today.