The holiday season offers unique opportunities to share compassion for all. Check out our list of 12 ways to help animals to get started:
1. Print out our “cruelty-free” tags and put them on your gifts so their recipients will know they’re animal-friendly.
2. Print out PETA’s “Be Sweet to Animals” tags and attach them to treats like candy canes and other goodies to add an animal rights message.
3. Make holiday cards with animal rights messages. You can also add PETA stickers to cards and envelopes to spread compassion for animals. Or you can purchase animal rights holiday cards from PETA.
4. Download “PETA’s Vegan Holiday Survival Guide!” for tips on talking to family members about animal rights and recipes to make for the perfect vegan holiday.
5. ’Tis the season for cookies and treats galore! Share vegan baked goods with your coworkers, neighbors, friends, and family.
6. If you have kids, you could include animal rights signs in their photos with Santa and then share the photos with others. Download and print PETA Kids holiday signs.
7. Donate blankets, toys, treats, or food to local open-admission animal shelters, or give vegan food to local shelters for the homeless.
8. Donate old fur garments to PETA for refugees in need. We ship unwanted furs to refugees and shelters for the homeless to help people with no other way to endure freezing winter temperatures. All donations are tax-deductible.
9. Use PETA Kids comic books as stocking stuffers.
11. Ask family and friends to donate to charities for animals as a gift. This year, consider asking loved ones to donate to organizations that help animals, and be sure to check out PETA Presents, which allow you to donate to help animals and send personalized e-cards explaining your gift. You could also ask loved ones to go vegan instead of buying you a present.
If you’re inspired to help animals, check out our Action Team: