Heart-Healthy Recipes for Your Heart’s Desire
The following article was written by Keegan Baur.
On Valentine’s Day, we typically lavish our loved ones with gifts and affection. What better way to show your partner how much you care than by serving heart-healthy vegan recipes that will keep him or her feeling youthful and, um, energized all day long? The following recipes contain ingredients that are good for your heart, such as avocado, olive oil, nuts, berries, spinach, soy, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, asparagus, tomatoes, and dark chocolate. What’s even better is that some of these ingredients are also libido-enhancing! (Please note that many of these recipes yield more than two servings, so you may have some tasty leftovers on your hands.) This Valentine’s Day, charm your lover with a sensual, heart-healthy meal that will please your palates and invigorate your bodies.
- Avocado Cream Verrines
- Bruschetta Bites
- Eggplant Napoleon
- Sweet Potato Glow Spirals
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Creamy Broccoli Soup With Red Pepper Crème
- Porcini Crusted Tofu With Shallot Gravy
- Spinach Tart With Sesame Oat Crust
- Sweet Potato Soup
- Tomato Walnut Basil Pasta
- Avocado Chocolate Pudding
- Banana Bon Bons (Be sure to use vegan dark chocolate!)
- Homemade Berry Jam and Silk Chocolate Mousse
- Valentine’s Coconut Ice
- Vegan Truffles
Are you preparing a vegan dinner for two in honor of Valentine’s Day? Tell us what’s on the menu!