- 1 cup (8 oz.) sweet, dark, dairy-free chocolate chips or pieces
- 2 lbs. fresh, long-stemmed strawberries
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment or wax paper.
- In the top of a double boiler over boiling water, melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally. When melted, turn the heat down to a gentle simmer.
- Dip the strawberries halfway into the melted chocolate, then carefully transfer them to the baking sheet, spacing them an inch apart from each other. Let cool a bit before serving.
Makes 24 servings
From The Candle Café Cookbook by Joy Pierson and Bart Potenza with Barbara Scott-Goodman