One by one, cities around the world are banning horse-drawn carriages. This is why:
1. Because horses are forced to pull carriages even in excessive heat and can collapse and potentially die from heatstroke or dehydration.
2. Because a horse isn’t meant to be stuck in traffic.
3. Because horses used to pull carriages are kept in places such as this when they’re not working.
4. Because sometimes cars crash into them.
5. Because it’s speciesist to force horses to pull carriages for human entertainment.
6. Because some horses, such as Jerry, just collapse and never get up.
7. Because Jerry didn’t deserve to be dragged away.
8. Because this doesn’t make the park “more romantic.”
9. Because horses belong here …
10. … not here.
Help spread the word about cruelty in the horse-drawn carriage industry by sharing this page now!