On Wednesday, “King of All Media” Howard Stern played a news item on his radio show about PETA’s anti-SeaWorld Comic-Con ad. Afterward, he and co-host Robin Quivers had a few choice words for SeaWorld. “It certainly cannot be right to take a whale, a giant whale, and put him in a swimming pool-type existence,” Stern said. “I mean, it sounds horrible. It’s a terrible thing. I am against it. And I support PETA in this.”
In other celebrity news:
- Singer Ariana Grande had a strong reaction to PETA’s “Bacon in 60 Seconds Flat” video.
@peta beyond horrifying 🙁 shocking disgusting and heartbreaking
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) July 21, 2014
- Natalie Portman was spotted exiting a Pilates class wearing a PETA T-shirt. (We’ve already got more tees en route to her so that she’ll have something to wear when that one’s in the wash.)
- Lena Dunham thinks eating vegan may be linked to the fountain of youth.
Some preliminary research reveals that Weird Al is vegan. Does that explain why he’s aged backwards? What does it mean for me & this bagel?
— Lena Dunham (@lenadunham) July 18, 2014
- F Word stars Zoe Kazan and Megan Park love the Toronto vegan restaurant Fresh so much that they ate there almost every day while filming the movie.
- Vampire Diaries co-stars Joseph Morgan and Persia White love animals so much that they had an all-vegan wedding.
- What do Newt Gingrich and Cher have in common? They both want depressed polar bear Arturo freed from a dismal Argentinian zoo.
— Newt Gingrich (@newtgingrich) July 16, 2014
— Cher (@cher) July 21, 2014
- Breaking Bad star Krysten Ritter has joined pretty much every other celebrity on the planet in urging fans to stay away from SeaWorld.
— krysten ritter (@Krystenritter) July 22, 2014
- Demi Lovato says eating vegan is rawsome: “I’m gluten-free and dairy-free because I’m allergic to them. I just eat vegan and raw as much as possible and it’s really changed my body and made me feel better.”
- Rappers N.O.R.E. and Chase N. Cashe agree.
I TURNED EVERYBODY INTO VEGERTERIANS YESTERDAY AND THEY ALL LIKE IT HA
— N.O.R.E (@noreaga) July 17, 2014
Quick shout out to myself for not eating meat for 8-9 months today. I stopped on November 18th last year.
— Chase N. Cashe (@ChaseNCashe) July 18, 2014
- Can we get an amen from Farewell, My Love drummer Chad Kowal?
I am drug free, I am alcohol free, I am vegetarian. I am proud.
— Chad Kowal (@_ChadKowal) July 17, 2014
To keep up with what all your favorite stars are doing for animals, follow @PETA on Twitter.