Easy Vegan Pad ThaiPrint
- 1 cup water, plus more for soaking the noodles
- 1 10-oz. package rice noodles or ramen-style noodles
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 12-oz. package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into chunks
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- Sriracha, to taste
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a large microwave-safe bowl with water and heat in the microwave until boiling. Carefully submerge the rice noodles in the water and let soak for about 15 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic cloves and tofu chunks. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce over the tofu and sauté until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, sugar, sriracha, remaining soy sauce, and 1 cup of water.
- Drain the soaked noodles, then add them into the pan with the tofu. Pour in the peanut sauce and mix until all the noodles are well coated and heated through, about 5 minutes
- Garnish with sliced green onions and chopped peanuts and serve right away. Enjoy!