Easy Vegan Pad ThaiPrint
- 1 cup water, plus more for soaking the noodles
- 1 10-oz. package rice noodles or ramen-style noodles
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 12-oz. package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into chunks
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- Sriracha, to taste
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a large microwave-safe bowl with water and heat in the microwave until boiling. Carefully submerge the rice noodles in the water and let soak for about 15 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic cloves and tofu chunks. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce over the tofu and sauté until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, sugar, Sriracha, remaining soy sauce, and 1 cup of water.
- Add the soaked noodles and peanut butter mixture to the tofu and cook through, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and chopped peanuts and serve right away. Enjoy!