The following article was written by Liam Cronin.
2012 was a landmark year for animals and vegan food. Make 2013 even better with PETA’s top 12 fresh, fast, and easy vegan recipes of the past year!
12. Roasted Chickpeas With Red Chili Pepper Flakes
First up is this crunchy, salty, and satisfying snack.
11. Breaded Zucchini Sticks With Horseradish Dip
These zucchini sticks are quick, delicious, and addictive.
10. Creamy Raspberry-Orange Popsicles
Better bookmark this recipe now for chilly summer treats.
9. Total Green Goodness Smoothie
This delicious smoothie is pure goodness! If you’re feeling tired, this “green infusion” may be all you need.
Great on a sandwich or just by themselves, fried green tomatoes are easily veganized.
7. Make Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Maker!
With only three ingredients and zero machinery required, making delicious vegan ice cream at home has never been easier!
6. Chocolate Chip–Peanut Butter Hummus
This popular and innovative hummus recipe is even better than it sounds. Just make sure you get some before it’s gone.
5. Tomato and Bread Bowl ‘Soupetizers’
These cute little “soupetizers” are the perfect winter time comfort food to serve at your next party.
4. Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower ‘Wings’
Just in time for Bowl Season and the Super Bowl, toss these in your favorite vegan sauce and watch them disappear.
3. Baked Oatmeal Squares: Breakfast On the Run
Give that healthy New Year’s resolution a boost by whipping up these quick and healthy squares for breakfast on the go.
Yes, please! Adding avocado makes a classic sauce even better.
1. Baked Tomato, Garlic, and Basil Bruschetta Bites
Our top recipe of 2012 is a quick and satisfying appetizer that would make your Italian grandmother proud.