Whether you’re headed to a backyard picnic or a fancy dinner party, these crispy zucchini sticks with spicy dip make the perfect appetizer and are a definite crowd pleaser. Be sure to make plenty, because they’ll disappear quickly!
Breaded Zucchini Sticks With Horseradish Dip
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tsp. garlic powder
4 medium zucchini, cut in half and sliced lengthwise
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup vegan mayonnaise
3–4 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
Additional salt, to taste
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Dip the zucchini sticks in the flour mixture and coat well.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the zucchini for about 5 minutes, then place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, and salt to make a dip.
- Arrange the breaded zucchini sticks on a platter.
- Pour the horseradish dip into a small bowl and serve with the zucchini sticks.
Makes 6 to 8 servings