Vegan Shirvet Lobya (Green Bean Stew)Print
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 cups water
- 1 lb. frozen or fresh green beans, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. Gardein Beefless Tips, thawed
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot, combine the tomato paste, paprika, and salt and simmer for 5 minutes. Add 1 cup water and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add the remaining water and the green beans, then cover and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet. Add the beefless tips and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned.
- Add the browned beefless tips to the green beans and simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Serve over rice or quinoa and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
Makes 5 to 7 servings