Vegan Breakfast Idea: Stacked Avocado Bun BurgerPrint
- 3 Tbsp. vegan mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce (juice from a can of chipotle peppers)
- 1 Tbsp. refined coconut oil
- 1 pkg. firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rectangular slices
- 1 Tbsp. black salt (aka kala namak)
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg. vegan bacon
- 2 large avocados, cut in half lengthwise and pitted
- 2 leaves butter lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, mix together the vegan mayo and adobo sauce. Set aside.
- Warm the oil in a small pan over medium heat. Season the tofu with the black salt and pepper. Add to the pan and fry on both sides until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the vegan bacon until browned. Set aside.
- Carefully remove the skins from the avocado halves. Slice off a small portion from the bottom of two halves so that they lie flat (these will be the bottom “buns”).
- Top each with the mayo-adobo mixture, tofu, vegan bacon, lettuce, and tomato and onion slices. Place the remaining avocado “buns” on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Makes 4 servings
Thanks to Los Vegangeles’ for this recipe. Check out their Instagram page for more great plant-based recipe ideas.