Vegan Rainbow Grilled Cheese SandwichesPrint
- 2 pkgs. Daiya mozzarella-style vegan cheese shreds
- 5 colors cruelty-free food coloring
- 3 Tbsp. vegan butter or mayo
- 10 slices bread
- Divide the vegan cheese shreds evenly among 5 small bowls—1 per color—and add 3 to 6 drops of food coloring to each, mixing well to distribute the color evenly.
- Warm a large pan over medium heat.
- Spread the vegan butter or mayo on one side of each bread slice. Place 5 slices butter-side down in the pan.
- On each slice, create colorful rows made out of the vegan cheese shreds. Top with the remaining bread slices, butter-side up.
- Fry until golden brown, then flip and fry the other sides until golden brown and the vegan cheese has melted.
Makes 5 sandwiches