Chocolate-Dipped Holiday CookiesPrint
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 drops peppermint extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup crushed candy canes
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegan butter and both types of sugar. Add the applesauce and mix well then beat in the vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add one cup at a time to the sugar mixture then stir in 1/2 cup of the crushed candy canes.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoonfuls of the dough at a time onto a parchment paper–lined baking sheet and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. Place on wire racks and allow to cool.
- Dip in the melted chocolate and top with the remaining crushed candy canes.
Makes about 25 cookies