Adapted from a recipe by and published by permission of Bomb Veg.
Bomb Veg’s Easy Vegan Toad in the HolePrint
- 1 sheet frozen vegan puff pastry dough, thawed in the fridge overnight
- 6 vegan sausages
- 1 Tbsp. vegan milk
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lay the sausages on a parchment paper–lined baking tray and prick with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Five minutes before the sausages are done, remove the puff pastry dough from the fridge and lay it out on another parchment paper–lined baking tray.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a dish and set aside.
- Once the vegan sausages are done, lay them out evenly on the pastry.
- Turn the oven up to 425°F.
- Score the dough around each vegan sausage with a knife, being careful not to cut completely through.
- Brush the herb mixture over the pastry.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve with some steamed or roasted veggies and vegan gravy.
Makes 6 servings