Let’s face it: None of us actually enjoy shaving. Everything about it is a pain—buying and keeping track of razors, shaving cream, and aftershaves can be such a hassle. They’re a pain not only for consumers but also for the animals who are often used in the creation and testing of such products. Instead of supporting cruel companies that profit from cruelty to animals and buying store-bought aftershaves that are overpriced, dry out skin, and carry overpowering scents that burn your nostrils, try a cruelty-free DIY aftershave. Put in just 10 minutes on a weekend, and you’ll have a month’s worth of DIY aftershave that is soothing, naturally moisturizing, and animal-free—with an enjoyable scent of your own creation.
Cruelty-Free Cucumber DIY Aftershave
• Blend the cucumber until liquefied. Add the mint extract and blend for another 30 seconds.
• Use a coffee filter to strain the mixture for several minutes until only the pulp remains.
• Add the water and microwave for 4 minutes. Remove and let stand for 10 minutes.
• Store in a clean container in the refrigerator.
Cruelty-Free Orange DIY Aftershave
• Soften the shea butter in the microwave for 1 minute.
• Add the coconut oil and orange essential oil. Whip by hand or with a standing mixer.
• Store in a jar in a cool place. (The aftershave will melt if it’s not stored in a cool enough place.)
Note: To make your own personalized scent, use any essential oil in place of orange essential oil.
Like what you see here? Get more ideas: