What bleeds beet juice, has 20 grams of protein, and can satiate any meat-eater’s appetite? The answer (after some friendly suggestions from PETA) is TGI Fridays’ Beyond Burger. The famous vegan burger is available at more than 465 locations nationwide. That’s huge! You can opt for The Beyond Burger patty with any of TGI Fridays’ existing burger options—just be sure to get only dairy-free sauces and skip the cheese.
Stephanie Perdue, TGI Fridays’ chief marketing officer, told Business Wire,
“We tested many concepts and The Beyond Burger was far and away the favorite plant-based burger among both our guests and chefs, making it the ideal addition to our popular Burger Bar.”
And that’s not all …
You know by now that the meat and dairy industries are inherently cruel to animals and are currently wreaking havoc on our environment and health. So it only makes sense that more and more popular chain restaurants are adding vegan menu items. The progress over the past few years has been astounding, and TGI Fridays’ vegan options are just one example.
Check out the many delicious vegan options that you can enjoy at TGI Fridays:
- Order the Loaded Chicken Nachos without chicken, cheese, and sour cream, and enjoy a stack of tortilla chips with beans, pico de gallo, cilantro and jalapeños. Ask to add guac.
- Try the Loaded Potato Skins without the cheese, sour cream, and bacon. Ask to add black beans, corn, and guacamole.
- Special-order fettuccine with marinara sauce and veggies.
- The Warm Pretzels are vegan if you skip the bacon, butter, and cheese. Try them with mustard!
- Both the Seasoned Fries and Sweet Potato Fries are vegan, but they may share the same fryer as non-vegan foods.
- The Super Veggies are a good addition if you’re worried about cross-contamination.
- The house salad without croutons, cheese, or dressing is vegan.
Want to check out some of the other chain restaurants that offer vegan dishes? We put together this handy guide to help you navigate the world of chain restaurants.
Have you been thinking about going vegan but not yet made the switch? Our free vegan starter kit is just what you need to get going. Already vegan? Order one for a friend!