When we spotted this avocado bun burger on Los Vegangeles’ Instagram account, we knew breakfast would never be the same:
Once we caught our breath, we realized we had to showcase this plant-based beauty to the world. And thus the avocado bun burger video was born. (See below!)
Los Vegangeles is known for their perpetual vegan food tour of Los Angeles. They also make their own photo-op worthy meals, like this French dip sandwich:
View this post on Instagram
We've never found a vegan French Dip that we could get behind, so we made it. #vegan #veganism #govegan #veganlife #vegansofIG #vegansofinstagram #plantbased #whatveganseat #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #veganfood #bestofvegan #veganreview #letscookvegan #gloobyfood #eeeeeats #horngryvegan #thefeedfeed #thevegansclub #foods4thought #foodphotography #frenchdip #veganfrenchdip #veganaujus #veganroastbeef
Surely you aren’t still eating breakfast burgers with eggs and bacon? Maybe you haven’t heard of the cruelty inflicted on chickens used for eggs, not to mention the pork industry’s terrible treatment of pigs. Eating meat is also a good way to expand your waistline and increase your chances of developing heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, and other health problems.
In light of these facts, we encourage you to opt for recipes like this scrumptious and healthy vegan avocado bun burger. Once you experience its deliciousness, you’ll never want to eat a pig or chicken egg again.
Vegan Breakfast Idea: Stacked Avocado Bun BurgerView Recipe
- 3 Tbsp. vegan mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce (juice from a can of chipotle peppers)
- 1 Tbsp. refined coconut oil
- 1 pkg. firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rectangular slices
- 1 Tbsp. black salt (aka kala namak)
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg. vegan bacon
- 2 large avocados, cut in half lengthwise and pitted
- 2 leaves butter lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, mix together the vegan mayo and adobo sauce. Set aside.
- Warm the oil in a small pan over medium heat. Season the tofu with the black salt and pepper. Add to the pan and fry on both sides until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the vegan bacon until browned. Set aside.
- Carefully remove the skins from the avocado halves. Slice off a small portion from the bottom of two halves so that they lie flat (these will be the bottom “buns”).
- Top each with the mayo-adobo mixture, tofu, vegan bacon, lettuce, and tomato and onion slices. Place the remaining avocado “buns” on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Makes 4 servings
Thanks to Los Vegangeles’ for this recipe. Check out their Instagram page for more great plant-based recipe ideas.