Hello, fellow coffee lovers! If you happen to be on your way to The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, you’re in luck, because all the following options are vegan. For a drink, you’ll want to avoid any cow’s milk or honey, as these ingredients are stolen from the animals who produce them. Cows make milk to feed their babies, while bees make honey to sustain their hives throughout the winter. Whether you prefer your drink made with oat, soy, almond, or coconut milk, you’ll be sure to find something you’ll love at this coffee chain. Enjoy!
Whatever drink you choose, be sure to ask for your preferred vegan milk option. The Coffee Bean has four: Oatly! Barista Edition Oatmilk, Califia Farms Almondmilk, Pacific Foods Coconut Plant-Based Beverage, and Silk Soymilk.
- Americano (hot or iced)
- Cappuccino (hot or iced)
- Flat White (Add vanilla bean sauce for a flavored option.)
- Latte (Hot or iced—ask for vanilla bean sauce instead of powder.)
- Red Eye (espresso shot in fresh brewed coffee)
Brewed Coffee Drinks
Again, start by choosing your favorite vegan milk. If you want to add flavoring, be sure to ask for vanilla bean sauce, as the vanilla powder contains dairy.
- Brewed Coffee
- Café au Lait
- Cold Brew Vanilla Bean Latte
- Iced Coffee
- Nitro Cold Brew
For these beverages, choose a vegan milk and ask for vanilla bean sauce instead of vanilla powder. Since they’re seasonal, availability may vary by location.
- Maple Latte (hot or iced)
- Peppermint Vanilla (iced, hot, or cold brew)
- Pumpkin Latte (hot or iced)
- Winter Dream Tea Latte
- Bottled Juice
- Ginger Ale
- Herbal Infusions
- Sweet Tea
- Tea (hot or iced)
- Tea Latte (hot or iced—ask for vanilla bean sauce and nondairy milk.)
Options vary depending on location.
- Apple Pear That’s It Bar
- Bagels (In corporate-owned stores, all except the cheese jalapeño flavor are vegan.)
- Blueberry Pure Bar
- Lenny & Larry Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Coconut Maple Vanilla Cereal
- Crispy Apple Chips
- Goji Cacao Cereal
- Hummus With Pretzels
- Jason’s Almond Butter & Pretzel Dip
- Jason’s Chocolate & Pretzel Dip
- Maca Mulberry Cereal
- Mango Bites
- Mediterranean Picnic Box
- Mixed Berry Gummy Cubs
- Quinoa Garden Salad
- Sea Salt Broad Crisps
- Sriracha Broad Crisps
- Vegan Banana Walnut Loaf
- Vegan Chocolate Brownie (seasonal)
In addition to offering four vegan milk options, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf doesn’t have an unfair upcharge for customers who choose nondairy options. Ask Starbucks to follow suit!