Pad Thai is one of my absolute favorite meals. My local Thai restaurant knows me and my takeout order by heart. This recipe is just as delicious as my favorite restaurant meals, and since I normally keep most of the ingredients in my cupboards, I don’t even have to leave the house to pick it up! Try it today, though I must warn you: It’s so good that you might eat the whole batch.
Easy Vegan Pad ThaiView Recipe
- 1 cup water, plus more for soaking the noodles
- 1 10-oz. package rice noodles or ramen-style noodles
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 12-oz. package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into chunks
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- Sriracha, to taste
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a large microwave-safe bowl with water and heat in the microwave until boiling. Carefully submerge the rice noodles in the water and let soak for about 15 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic cloves and tofu chunks. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce over the tofu and sauté until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, sugar, Sriracha, remaining soy sauce, and 1 cup of water.
- Add the soaked noodles and peanut butter mixture to the tofu and cook through, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and chopped peanuts and serve right away. Enjoy!