‘Tis the season for vegan pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin lip gloss, pumpkin candles, and more. As you treat yourself to fall-themed deliciousness, let your dog in on the craze with these homemade pumpkin dog treats.
In appropriate amounts, pumpkin is a miracle food for dogs. The popular fall gourd helps ease their digestive issues and is loaded with healthy fiber. Here’s a pumpkin-treat recipe for the dog in your life.
Easy Vegan Peanut Butter–Pumpkin Dog Treats
Easy Vegan Peanut Butter–Pumpkin Dog TreatsView Recipe
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée (be sure to use real pumpkin, not the pie filler)
- 1/4 cup unsalted and unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and ground cinnamon.
- Mix in the pumpkin and peanut butter, then slowly add the water. If the dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour. If it’s too dry, add a small amount of water.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface and use a knife or cookie cutter to cut out whatever treat shapes you desire.
- Place the treats 1/2 inch apart on a nonstick baking pan or a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let the treats cool and then let your dog have a taste!
Makes approximately 25 treats
Need more pumpkin in your life? Check out these 18 delicious pumpkin-packed recipes for humans.