Josh Duhamel never misses an opportunity to remind people of the importance of adopting and never buying animals—and he’s the dad of an adopted animal himself. So when a fan asked him to let his Twitter followers know about a horrendous New York puppy mill, Josh piped up for pups again, tweeting, “There are 10,000 #puppymills in the US, this is 1 of the 100 worst. Tell Cuomo to close it.”
In other celebrity news:
- Add Mark Ruffalo to the list of stars who are embracing Paul McCartney’s Meat-Free Monday campaign. And Mark is asking all his fans to join him. PETA sent Mark a vegan cookbook and goodies to help him make his Mondays (and hopefully, every day) deliciously meat-free.
— Mark Ruffalo (@MarkRuffalo) September 8, 2014
- Vegan beauty Jayde Nicole has been showing the world how Playboy models stay in photo-ready shape:
- Elsewhere on Twitter, we loved how Kristin Chenoweth answered a fan’s question about the one thing she would rid the world of:
“@JakeZelinski: @KChenoweth if you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be?”horse carriages through Central Park.
— Kristin Chenoweth (@KChenoweth) September 6, 2014
- Brigitte Bardot has worked for decades to shut down horse slaughterhouses and put an end to kosher and halal methods of animal slaughter. Ahead of her 80th birthday this month, Brigitte purchased full-page ads in French newspapers asking the government to make these improvements for animals as two of her final wishes.
- Guests couldn’t avoid the elephants in the room at Oscar de la Renta’s Fashion Week show. Each guest found a plush elephant on his or her seat, accompanied by a letter from Bill, Hillary, and Chelsea Clinton with information about ivory sales and the possibility that elephants will become extinct.
To keep up with what all your favorite stars are doing, follow @PETA on Twitter.