Did you know that PETA did some wonderful things in 2011 that you probably didn’t read about in the newspapers? I do—because I’ve read PETA’s latest annual report, and you can too. Here’s a sample of the interesting stuff that you’ll find in just the “Year in Numbers” section alone:
- PETA’s SNIP and ABC clinics spayed and neutered more than 11,000 animals.
- More than 40 million people visited PETA’s websites.
- More than 650,000 free vegetarian/vegan starter kits were sent out by PETA.
- PETA’s Communications Department booked upward of 4,500 media interviews.
- More than 300 free doghouses were built and delivered—and 1,200 bales of straw were bagged—to give shelter and warmth to dogs forced to live outdoors.
- PETA’s International Grassroots Campaign Department helped organize nearly 1,500 demonstrations.
- The amount of free advertising space secured by PETA was worth more than 1.5 million dollars.