Frequently Asked Questions
- What about all the customs, traditions, and jobs that depend on using animals?
- Wasn’t Hitler in favor of animal rights?
- What about people who have to hunt to survive?
- Isn’t hunting okay as long as I eat what I kill?
- It’s fine for you to believe in animal rights, but you shouldn’t tell other people what to do.
- Does PETA support any political party or endorse any political candidates?
- What’s PETA’s Position on the ‘Animal Liberation Front’?
- What is PETA’s stance on abortion?
- Does PETA advocate the use of violence?
- What is PETA’s stance on gun control?
- I can’t bear to look at some of the graphic photos you use. Can’t you tone it down a little?
- Is it OK to eat roadkill?
- Where can I find alternatives to goose down?
- Where do zoos get their animals?
- If animals aren’t meant to be eaten, why are they made of meat?
Get PETA Updates
Stay up to date on the latest vegan trends and get breaking animal rights news delivered straight to your inbox!
“Almost all of us grew up eating meat, wearing leather, and going to circuses and zoos. We never considered the impact of these actions on the animals involved. For whatever reason, you are now asking the question: Why should animals have rights?” READ MORE
— Ingrid E. Newkirk, PETA President and co-author of Animalkind