Vegan Holiday Faux Turkeys
No holiday meal would be complete without a veggie turkey. Try these tasty turkey-friendly alternatives this holiday season for a meal that everyone can celebrate:
Not sure how to prepare the faux turkey? Our chefs put together a few tips for dressing the already-tasty veggie turkeys:
- Always follow the package directions for cooking.
- For wheat- and soy-based veggie turkeys, try basting them in vegetable broth while they’re cooking.
- Spice up your roast by coating it in a rub. First, cover the veggie turkey in melted margarine. Then sprinkle it with Cajun seasoning and cook it according to the package directions.
- For a traditional take on faux turkey, coat the roast in olive oil or melted margarine and then spread on poultry-seasoning herbs before cooking.
- Deep-frying a veggie turkey is a good way to make sure that it’s moist and flavorful. Try our Deep-Fried Tofurky recipe.
- Try basting the roast with your favorite store-brought glaze during the last 30 to 45 minutes of cooking time.
- Be sure to serve your veggie turkey with one of our delicious gravies.
In need of more ideas? Check out our guide to celebrating a vegan holiday.