17 Facts That Prove Animals Are Winning
1. Mexico has banned the use of animals in circuses.
2. The Grand Circus in India relinquished 18 animals following inspection.
PETA India initiated the investigation and is funding the animal’s treatment, care, and maintenance.
3. Coahuila has banned bullfighting.
It became the third Mexican state to do so, and hopefully, it will inspire more countries to ban the barbaric practice as well.
The abusement park reported second-quarter earnings for 2015 that have declined 84 percent compared to just a year ago.
5. The European Court of Justice upheld the EU’s ban on seal products.
The court upheld an earlier ruling by lower courts that maintained the ban was justified, stating that “the protection of animal welfare is a legitimate objective in the public interest.” Canadian seal products are now banned in the EU, Mexico, Russia, the U.S., and elsewhere.
6. More than 7.5 million people in the U.S. do not consume animal-derived products.
8. Italian clothing company Benetton has joined dozens of other companies by banning the sale of angora wool.
9. A federal report says that a vegan diet is best for the planet.
10. Jane Birkin has demanded that luxury Hermès Birkin handbags be renamed.
11. Lolita has been granted protection under the Endangered Species Act.
PETA and other animal rights organizations have formed a coalition and are suing the Miami Seaquarium for her freedom.
12. Japan Airlines has joined nearly every major airline in the world by not shipping monkeys to labs.
Only one major airline (Air France) still ships monkeys to laboratories. Tell Air France to stop sending monkeys to their death.
13. Two farmers decided that they couldn’t send their pigs to slaughter.
They realized that pigs were beings and not “bacon” and contacted PETA. All 11 of the piglets are now enjoying their permanent home at the 110-acre Catskill Animal Sanctuary.
15. All the top 10 ad agencies in the U.S. have banned the use of great apes in their spots.
16. Harry Styles spoke up for animals held captive at SeaWorld parks.
17. Google searches for “veganism” are booming.
You don’t have to work for Google to see that all the demonstrations, phone calls, action alerts, and other efforts are making a huge difference for animals around the world. Sign up for PETA’s mobile alerts for easy ways to rid the world of animal abuse—for good.
All fields in bold are mandatory.
For help at any time, U.S. subscribers can text the word HELP to 73822 and Canadian subscribers can text the word HELP to 99099. To unsubscribe at any time, U.S. subscribers can text the word STOP to 73822 and Canadian subscribers can text the word STOP to 99099. Periodic Messaging. Message & Data Rates May Apply. Full Terms: http://peta.vg/txt