14 Facts That Prove Animals Are Winning
1. SeaWorld’s attendance and revenue are way, way down.
2. Seven percent of the U.S. population is vegan—and growing.
3. The number of land animals killed per U.S. meat-eater has plummeted 16 percent since 2004.
4. The owner and manager of a now-defunct rat and reptile breeding operation were charged with 223 counts of felony cruelty to animals and related charges.
5. All of the top 10 ad agencies in the U.S. have banned the use of great apes in their spots.
6. Foie gras production is now illegal in 15 countries.
7. There are now animal rights political parties in 14 countries.
8. A pig farmer recently decided that he couldn’t continue raising pigs for food with a clear conscience.
He has gone vegetarian and is shutting down his pig farm.
10. Canadian seal products are banned in the EU, Mexico, Russia, the U.S., and elsewhere.
The sealers recently tried to sell seal meat in China but were thwarted by activists.
11. At least eight countries have completely banned the use of wild animals in circuses.
12. Only one major airline (Air France) still ships monkeys to laboratories.
You can tell Air France to stop here.
13. Dozens of companies have banned the sale of angora wool …
… including H&M, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, and others.
14. Google searches for “veganism” are booming.
You don’t have to work for Google to see that all the demonstrations, phone calls, action alerts, and other efforts are making a huge difference for animals around the world. Sign up for PETA’s mobile alerts for easy ways to rid the world of animal abuse—for good.
All fields in bold are mandatory.
*No more than 10 messages per month. Text STOP to unsubscribe or HELP for info. Message and data rates may apply. Full texting terms and conditions.
Commenting is closed.
- Sorry. No data.