Gwyneth Paltrow, Nicole Richie, Gwen Stefani Have Vegan Girls’ Night
Gwyneth Paltrow, Gwen Stefani, and Nicole Richie know how to have fun―and help animals at the same time. They planned a girls’ night at Los Angeles hotspot Crossroads, a vegan restaurant. And from the looks of the gals’ Twitter posts, they may have had some A-list company:
— Gwen Stefani (@gwenstefani) April 18, 2014
— Gwyneth Paltrow (@GwynethPaltrow) April 18, 2014
In other celebrity news:
- The three women aren’t the only ones who have been spotted at Crossroads: Jay Z and Beyoncé are still frequenting it, too. And since Beyoncé just landed on the cover of Time‘s “100 Most Influential People” issue, perhaps she’s been inspiring plenty of other people to save animals and the planet.
- The Wu-Tang Clan’s RZA made vegans everywhere proud during an interview with BET’s 106 & Park. The 13-year vegan vet elicited cheers from the audience when he said, “I gave up dead animals, kid. I blew out of that, you know. When you get a certain kind of logic and conscience, to me, I say this loud to the public, it’s not logical for me to eat a dead animal while I’m living. I’m alive with full life, so why am I going to put something dead in my body? It doesn’t make logical sense to me, so I blew out of that.” Happily, his Wu-Tang Clan bandmates GZA and Masta Killa “blew out of that” many years ago, too.
- Vegan chef Jay Astafa will be representing the cruelty-free set, whipping up animal-friendly treats on the Food Network’s new show Rewrapped.
- From animal-friendly treats to animal-friendly tweets, everyone is dishing about vegan food:
If you a newly found Vegan be strong you gon live to be 100 + years old burying all ya homies who was eating those shampoo'd chicken nuggets
— Chase N. Cashe (@ChaseNCashe) April 18, 2014
— Chris 3DoorsDown (@Chris3dd) April 20, 2014
Someone ate my vegan jellybeans! I was gonna use them 2stuff my #EasterEggs! #SoundEffectOfTheEasterBunnysCarScreechingTowardsWholefoods
— Constance Marie (@goconstance) April 19, 2014
— Tony Kanal (@Tonykanal) April 22, 2014
— Holly Marie Combs (@H_Combs) April 23, 2014
— Phoebe Dykstra (@phoebedykstra) April 24, 2014
- Longtime PETA friend Bryan Adams wasn’t about to forgo playing for his fans in Newfoundland simply because sealers in the area were carrying out the annual slaughter. So he had the perfect response for people who criticized him for appearing: “I’m a veggie and against the deliberate killing of ALL animals, not just seals, so for those people that want to protest about my coming to play a gig, make sure to get all the chicken farmers, cow farmers and fishermen to march in unity at my presence.”
To keep up with what all your favorite stars are doing for animals, follow @PETA on Twitter.