Zucchini Roulade with Pesto and Maple Mustard DressingPrint
- 2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. mustard seeds
- 2 Tbsp. vegan sweetener (e.g., agave)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
- 7 cloves garlic
- 2 oz. fresh basil, plus a few leaves for garnish
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3–4 zucchinis, sliced lengthwise
- 3.5 oz. Mozzarisella (dairy-free brown rice mozzarella)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1/2 avocado
- Add the mustard, vegetable stock, and mustard seeds to a pot and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sweetener and the salt and pepper to taste.
- Gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of the olive oil and remove from the heat.
- In a food processor, make a pesto by mixing 2 tablespoonsful of the vegan Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of the olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, 2 ounces of basil, the lemon juice, pine nuts, and salt and pepper to taste and processing until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, the remaining garlic, 2 tablespoonsful of the olive oil, and the salt and pepper to taste. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the garlic is soft.
- Brush the zucchini slices with the remaining olive oil.
- Combine the Mozzarisella with the remaining vegan Parmesan cheese and the chives. Spread onto the zucchini slices.
- Drizzle with the pesto and garnish with the remaining basil leaves.
- Roll the zucchini slices into spirals, surrounding the stuffing.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out avocado balls and place on top of the zucchini rolls.
- Arrange the roasted cherry tomatoes and garlic on the plate around the rolls.
- Drizzle with the mustard dressing and serve.
Makes 3 to 4 servings
Recipe adapted from Plant-Based Foods Inc.