4 cups dried fusilli
5 Tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, slivered
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
2 cups fresh cremini mushrooms
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup vegetable stock
• Cook the fusilli and set aside.
• In a large sauté pan, heat 4 Tbsp. of the olive oil over high heat. Add the garlic and thyme and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid burning the garlic.
• Add the mushrooms and season with the salt and pepper. Continue to cook over high heat for 3 minutes.
• Add the pine nuts and peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
• Add the stock and cook for an additional minute or 2.
• Stir in the pasta and the remaining 1 Tbsp. of oil and mix until coated and heated through.
• Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
Makes 4 servings