1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1 tsp. turmeric
3 Tbsp. tamari
2 1/2 cups water
2 Tbsp. oil
1 1/2 qt. water
3 ears of corn
1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic ,minced
5 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tsp. turmeric, or 1/2 tsp. saffron
2 1/2 cups vegetable stock, water, or miso broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 red bell pepper
1 small zucchini squash
1 small yellow squash
2 medium plum tomatoes, quartered
2-3 cups cooked basmati rice
1 12 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
1/2 cup green peas (optional)
1 cup canned artichoke quarters (optional)
Cayenne pepper or hot sauce to taste
1/3 cup parsley, chopped
1 cup tempeh, cubed
1 cup tofu, cubed
1 cup seitan, cubed
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Mix all of the marinade ingredients together. Add the tofu, tempeh, and seitan and toss.
• Bake on an oiled cookie sheet 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside.
• Bring the 1 1/2 qt. of water to a boil. Add the corn and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside. When cool, slice into 2-inch wheels.
• In a large pot over medium-high heat, sauté the carrots, onion, and garlic in olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes, and add the turmeric. Continue stirring and add the vegetable broth, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
• Reduce the heat. Add the bell peppers, squash, baked tofu, tempeh, and Seitan. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Continue cooking, slowly adding the plum tomatoes and cooked rice. Add the canned tomatoes. Gently stir in the corn, and top off with green peas and artichoke. Season with cayenne to taste.
• Serve on a large serving platter, and garnish with parsley.
Makes 6-8 servings