Vegan Red Velvet Chocolate Lava CakePrint
- 2 1/2 cups whole-wheat all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups organic sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup vegan milk mixed with 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed mixed with 6 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup beet juice (from a can of beets)
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 bar vegan dark chocolate baking squares
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the vegetable oil, vegan milk, flaxseed mixture, beet juice, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, stirring until smooth. Pour into a cake pan and insert the chocolate squares evenly throughout the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool and use a strainer to decorate with powdered sugar.
Makes 10 to 12 servings