1 lb. firm tofu
1/2 tsp. salt
2-3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. basil
2 1/2-3 cups tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups cauliflower pieces
3 Tbsp. canola oil
3/4-1 lb. mushrooms
9 or more lasagna noodles
1 bunch Swiss chard (or spinach)
• Preheat the oven to 375°F.
• Mash the tofu in a bowl and add salt, nutritional yeast, spices, and 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
• Finely chop the cauliflower and onion and sauté in oil.
• Slice the mushrooms and add to the cooking vegetables after they have softened. When thoroughly cooked, add the vegetables to the tofu and mix well.
• Cook the lasagna noodles in water.
• Wash and remove the stems and thick ribs from the Swiss chard. Sauté in water until wilted.
Lightly oil a casserole pan. Place a layer of noodles on the bottom and spoon on a layer of tomato sauce. Cover with a layer of tofu and vegetables. Add half of the Swiss chard to the lasagna, spreading evenly, and add more sauce. Repeat with the noodles, tofu, Swiss chard, and sauce. End with a layer of noodles, and the remaining tofu and sauce. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.