Vegan Deep-Fried Mozzarella DiscsPrint
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Egg replacer equivalent of 2 eggs
- Oil, for frying
- Optional garnish: 6 sprigs parsley
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 pkg. Classic MozzaRisella, cut into 6 slices
- Pour the flour, nondairy milk, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls.
- Coat the MozzaRisella slices in the flour, nondairy milk, and then breadcrumbs.
- Add 1/2 an inch of oil to a tall-sided skillet or deep fryer and heat to 375°F.
- Fry slices for 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with the marinara sauce for dipping.
Makes 6 to 12 servings